What do I need to sign up to be a DeliveryApp driver?
To sign up to be a driver for DeliveryApp you will need the following:
- Full valid UK driving license (checked via your DVLA check code)
- A smartphone and UK mobile phone number
- A road worthy vehicle with a valid MOT for your vehicle type
- Utility bill or bank statement dated within the last 3 months
- Proof of Hire and Reward insurance (available to purchase in-app via Zego)
- The right to work in the UK
- Goods in Transit Insurance certificate (mandatory for vans, optional for cars)
What insurance do I need to be a DeliveryApp driver?
To be a delivery app driver you will need two types of insurance:
- Hire and Reward Insurance: This is a legal requirement for drivers who carry other people’s goods in return for payment. This insurance is available to purchase via Zego in our mobile app. To connect your Zego Account within the app, follow these steps: Open the DeliveryApp app > Account > My Zego Account > Proceed (add in the relevant details).
- Goods in Transit Insurance: This covers items from theft, loss or damage while they are being transported by vehicle from one place to another. This type of insurance is available from many insurance providers from low monthly costs. All of our van drivers must have a minimum Goods in Transit Insurance of £10,000. Car drivers should have a minimum of £5,000, however where car drivers do not have this DeliveryApp will cover the cost of any genuine claim up to £250.